Reducing radiation children and mobile phones.
If you do decide to your child a phone, then…
Do not give them on old one with a small aerial in the top – these concentrate the radiation emissions right by the skull.
I have gone for an HTC One smartphone as the one that doses me least with microwave radiation in daily use.
They are a top end smartphone but support internet pass through – i.e. the phone will connect to the internet via a USB cable to any PC with the HTC software on. On Amazon they are priced from £115 upwards.
I don’t know of another manufacturer that supports this. All smartphones seem to need large downloads to support software updates which on other phones means lots of radiation from their data function.
At any time when near a PC with the HTC software connecting to the internet with a USB cable – it also charges the phone.
- switch off all the transmitters except 3G phone-and-text – that means 4G, bluetooth, wifi, position, nfc, and data. The battery life is at least doubled.
- temporarily switch on data only when needed. Get your child to learn how to use the usual apps – facebook etc. on their wired PC and with a wired connection to their phone at home..
- never put a microwave transmitter (cordless and mobiles) to your head, always carry it in a bag, never in a pocket
- always use an air tube headset (single ear – stereo ones are dangerous because you cannot hear what is going on around you and tangle a lot) and keep it plugged in so that you answer the phone by headset and hold the phone a good distance from the head when using it. Speaker-phone mode is not so good – it means transmitters closer to the head, are overheard and usually affected by background noise. Using the airtube headset – radiation to your brain is roughly 10,000 times less than compared to using the phone held to your ear.
- you can use screening phone holders but they do nothing to reduce radiation (any attempt to shield a phone means they ramp up their power).
- also blobs and buttons and stickers cannot counteract the powerful radiation ever, fully – if at all.
- at night switch off totally and charge at least 2m from the bed.
- consider getting your child to wear protective clothing for school. Looks ordinary but contains silver thread which reflects microwaves.
I tried to hardwire a new Samsung phone 18 months ago and it couldn’t! HTC do and it works well.
Also if you are going to give your child data access there are these parental control apps.