Technically our best paint, that is formulated without graphite. One paint for all, if you have high requirements. Based on a high quality pure acrylic binder. Frost resistant: Suitable for shipping during winter time and for sea freights in containers. Breathable, solvent free, low-emission.
This paint is formulated without graphite, which has many advantages:
- Does not stain off while overpainting with white wall paint.
- Impacts against the white covering paint don’t produce black stripes.
- The surface of the paint film is microporous rough and offers top coatings a catchy underground for excellent adhesion.
- With 4.8 N/mm² this paint has an extremely high adhesive tensile strenght (adhesive power on the underground) for a wall paint, which is 2 times higher than with our graphite paints.
The lack of graphite has only one disadvantage: The electrical resistance and therefore the shielding attenuation is 10 dB lower per layer. We always highly recommend a two-layer application with this paint. Therewith you reach the typical 35-40 dB attenuation. The slightly higher costs due to the second coat are compensated by the many advantages.
- Screening attenuation: One-layer 25 dB (7.5 qm/l) to 30 dB (5 qm/l), two-layer 35 dB (3.75 qm/l) to 40 dB (2.5 qm/l). The shielding attenuation is regularly tested in our own EMC laboratory. We have measurement setups due to the following standards: ASTM D4935-10, IEEE Std 299-2006, IEEEE Std 1128-1998, ASTM A698/A698M-07.
- Common: Our shielding paints, shielding with carbons have many advantages, see common characteristics.
- Coverage: One-layer (5 – 7.5 m²/l), two-layer (2.5 – 3.75 m²/l).
- Underground: Interior and exterior: Excellent adhesion on almost all undergrounds like existing emulsion paints, sheetrock, wallpaper, cement, plaster, masonry, wood, etc.
- Top coating: Preferably covered with plastic bonded, water-based emulsion paints, dispersion silicate paints, facade paints or silicon resin paints. Not applicable are pure mineral paints (clay, loam, chalk, silicate). Please find appropriate product recommendations in the technical data sheet. Due to the high adhesive tensile strenght (to ETAG 004 for EIFS-systems, minimum 0.08 N/mm²), applicable directly under pure organic plaster, no mineral pasters!
- Grounding: Must be grounded! We recommend interior the grounding strap EB2 plus grounding plate GW (GB) plus GP, exterior the fiber additive AF3 plus the grounding plate GE.
- Ingredients: Water, pure acylic dispersion, carbon fibers, carbon black, additives, preservative (MIT, BIT).
- Technical data: VOC-content: 0.2 g/l (the EU limit value for category A/a is 30 g/l from 2010). Sd-value: 0.1 m. Ph-value: 8. Adhesive tensile strenght: 4.8 N/mm². Shelf live: 12 months. Color: Black. More technical details in our table overview.