When choosing a product of our SAFECAVE series, you are choosing canopies and tents to shield your sleeping space, living space or workspace. As the term SAFECAVE indicates already, you are creating your own safe cave against electromagnetic fields (however you must be careful on earthing and shielding of anything that goes into the SAFECAVE – we can advise you).
Shielded canopy, box shaped, for single or double beds up to a width of 220 cm. The box shape offers the best sense of space but cannot be used for sloping roofs. Entrance: Through two overlapping openings. Mounting: Mounting at four points in the ceiling. To stabilize the box shape, you can insert bars in the two upper flaps (not included in scope of delivery). Grounding / Earthing: Grounding with our grounding connector magnet GCM is an additional product required, if you wish to ground the tent (not part of the scope of delivery).
Sewn with a high quality silver fabric with high transparency and air permeability. Unique in this price class is the high shielding attenuation of 44 dB.
- Dimensions: Width: 220 cm; depth: 220 cm; height: 220 cm (+/- 5% tolerance)
- Attenuation: 44 dB
- Color: Silver-beige
- Raw materials: 80 % nylon, 20 % silver
- Scope of delivery: Canopy, mounting material
- Silver products discolour with time and often already have discolorations right from the start. If you don’t want to accept discolorations, please choose Swiss-Shield® fabrics.
- Silver fabrics have a limited durability, depending on the frequency of movement.
- Our silver fabrics do not contain any nano silver, but a thick metallic silver coating.
- Gentle cycle at 30°C exclusively with our TEXCARE detergents
- No ironing
- No drying in tumble dryers
- No bleaching
- No chemical dry-cleaning
This product with an electrically conductive surface has to be integrated into the functional-equipotential bonding (FEB). Please find suitable grounding accessories under “Cables“.
Shielding attenuation HF & LF
This product shields high frequency electromagnetic fields (HF). Unless otherwise stated, the indicated dB-values apply to 1 GHz. Measurement from 600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006.
This product with an electrically conductive surface shields low-frequency alternating electric fields (LF).
Laboratory & expert report of shielding attenuation up to 40 GHz
YShield invested in their own professional EMV laboratory years ago. They not only use it to create their laboratory screening reports but also to check each batch daily. Additionally, they have their products checked by an independent, well-respected expert. Double checked for twice the safety.