- Our primary reason for collecting your personal data is to process your orders for goods from the Site, address enquiries which you may make on the Site from time to time and provide you with the most efficient service possible. We do not anticipate collecting or processing sensitive personal data about you unless you choose to provide sensitive personal data to us.
- The Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
Our Policy for Processing your Personal Data
- What personal data do we process and where do we get it from?
- When you contact us via the “Contact” link on the Site, email us or register on the Site we will collect personal data from you.
- When you contact us over the telephone we may collect personal data from you.
- Personal information may also be obtained automatically by your internet browser.
- If you place an order for goods and when you subsequently submit payment for that order we will collect personal data from you.
- If you request a quotation for goods we may collect personal data from you.
- The types of personal data which we may collect from you could include, for example:
- your name, your contact details (such as your address, telephone number and email address), credit / debit card information and other information collected on registration, when placing an order on the Site or through the “Contact” link on the Site;
- we may also process sensitive personal data about you if you choose to provide or post sensitive personal data:
- when submitting an enquiry through the “Contact” link on the Site, by post, by email or by telephone; or
- on our message board and/or discussion forum.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
Legal basis for processing and storing data
- The lawful bases for processing personal data are as follows:
- a) Consent of the data subject
- b) Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
- The additional lawful basis for processing health data is that ‘the data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes’. The specified purpose is to ascertain problems being experienced by the subject in order to recommend potential solutions.
- We will store your data (including health data) for up to eight years after your last contact with us.
What do we do with your Personal Data?
- We will process your personal data so that:
- we can process your orders for goods from the relevant Site subject to the terms and conditions of sale provided on the Site;
- we can fulfil our obligations to you under any contract for the supply of goods subject to the terms and conditions of sale on the relevant Site;
- we can create a quotation for goods for you;
- we can deal with the general queries you raise from time to time through the “Contact” link on either Site, by post, by email or by telephone;
- we can process any payment made by you via a secure location linked to the relevant Site and powered by our chosen service provider;
- we can send you our regular email newsletter if you have subscribed to this;
- we can send you a copy of our brochure if you have requested this; and
- we can process your registration details.
- Other purposes for which we may process your personal data are:
- the general administration of your records by us;
- the general maintenance of our database and records by us;
- for security purposes to protect your personal data held and/or processed by us;
- for training our employees in respect of providing our service to you;
- to maintain records of payments made by you; and
- for credit referencing purposes to check your details and identity with fraud protection agencies to prevent fraud, to help us make decisions about credit and credit related services, to trace debtors, recover debts and to manage your accounts.
- If you provide sensitive personal data to us we will only process this sensitive personal data for the following purposes:
- if you have provided the sensitive personal data by way of an enquiry so that we can deal with your enquiry; or
- if you have posted the sensitive personal data to our message board and/or discussion forum for the purposes of enabling your posting to appear and/or to remove it from our message board and/or discussion forum.
- When you enter the Site, your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track traffic flows. If you wish to reject our cookies, you can configure your browser to do so, alternatively you can ask your internet browser to alert you when a cookie is being set up.
- You acknowledge that by providing personal data to us, you consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with this policy.
Who else gets to see your Personal Data?
- Our data processors.
- Such couriers used by us from time to time for the purposes of delivering the goods.
- Such financial service providers used by us from time to time for the purpose of processing payment for goods and security checks.
- Users of our message board and/or discussion forum if you decide to post your personal data here.
- You can change your options in relation to the information you wish to receive from us at any time by contacting our office in writing by post or email.
- You have the right under the GDPA (General Data Protection Regulation) to request from us information as to what personal data we are processing about you. Such requests should be made in writing to the Office Manager. There is no charge for this service under normal circumstances. We will provide you with the relevant information within one month of receipt of the request under normal circumstances.
- You have other rights under the DPA (Data Protection Act)/GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) in relation to our processing of your personal data.
Maintenance of your Personal Data
- We are committed to the security of your personal data. All of our employees and sub-contractors with access to your personal data and/or who are associated with the processing of that data are contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
- We have implemented technology measures and security policies to protect the personal data that we have in our control from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.
- If you have any queries about our processing or use of your personal data you should write, in the first instance to our Office Manager.
- If you want to learn more about your rights regarding your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s office information line on: 0303 123 1113 or +44 1625 545 if outside the UK or visit their website at www.ico.org.uk.
Updated May 22nd 2018